Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pinewood Derby

Isa and I were recently asked to create a cub scout pack in our area, which we're really excited about. Our church building will host a Pinewood Derby in a few weeks for the other packs around the Bronx. If you've never seen or heard of a Pinewood Derby, they're kind of a big deal in the cub scout world. So, in order to know what we'd be doing, Isa and I went to one out in New Rochelle to see how they run it.


It was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time and their cars were really creative. This Converse shoe was my favorite.



It was very well-attended and all the kids were surprisingly well-behaved. Look how well they stay behind the ropes:


My dad was there, and he brought some of the cars that my brothers and I had made when we were in cub scouts. I'm proud to say that mine still held their own on the track. Dad's car still beat us every time though.

Have you ever made a car for a Pinewood Derby? Do you still have it? One year in college, my FHE group had a potato derby. Much like this one. Now that's fun.

Newer Post Older Post
If you liked this post, your friends probably would too!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...