Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Healthy

Something happens when the weather gets warmer. For some reason, we (at least Isa and I) get this desire to be healthier. We want to run. Eat better. Be more active. So today, I went to the grocery store and got some fruit. I bought apples and strawberries. The original intent was to eat the apples in the morning as I'm running out the door on my way to work in the morning, and to use the strawberries with orange juice and some frozen mixed berries we have to make smoothies.

But as I heading up to the register, something caught my eye:


And it stopped me dead in my tracks. Because just above this glorious box filled with the world's best chocolate chip cookies was a bright yellow sign with big black letters that declared these delectable victuals are now only $1.99! Which, if you're an Entenmann's connoisseur like I am, you know that $1.99 is a ridiculously good deal which cannot legally be passed up. So I bought them. And I'm trying my hardest not to eat the entire box before Isa gets back from class, because not saving her some could be grounds for divorce. I'm pretty sure.

And so eating healthy could wait. So instead of breakfast apples, I think we're going to slice them and smother them with peanut butter. And I'm currently melting chocolate for some chocolate-covered strawberries. Yum.

What's your favorite not-so-healthy snack?

Newer Post Older Post
If you liked this post, your friends probably would too!
Share

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently addicted to chocolate... When the babies were in me I craved broccoli. Now I crave chocolate. Go figure! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would divorce you too...I might if you dont bring me some. Hint Hint. Those suckers are the best thing to happen ever in my life (dont tell jason or the kids). I like food. Food is good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...