Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon Movie Review


Isa and I got "How to Train Your Dragon" in the mail yesterday (LOVE Netflix) and we couldn't wait to watch it. I heard it didn't do so hot in the theaters, which is crazy because it has one of the highest ratings I've ever seen on Rotten Tomatoes. And how can you go wrong when you throw together McLovin, Jonah Hill, Craig Ferguson, Kristen Wiig (from SNL), and Gerard Butler (seriously, what better viking could you get than 300's King Leonidas?).

We're suckers for pretty much anything animated, and so we figured we'd like it, but it was REALLY good! The story had some surprising turns, it was really suspenseful, and we got really into it. During some of the more intense scenes I actually stopped eating my dinner (and you know what we had last night!) so you know it was captivating.

Besides the great story line, we fell in love with the dragon (well, all of them had their fun little quirks, like the Gryffindor Gronkle or the Terrible Terror, but mainly we mean Toothless, the Night Fury). He's a mix between a playful cat and the carpet from Aladdin.


The graphics are amazing! They really did an awesome job on the fire and the water.

If you haven't seen it, we highly recommend it. If you have seen it, tell us what you thought about it in the comments. And tell us which character (dragon or viking) was your favorite.

Newer Post Older Post
If you liked this post, your friends probably would too!
Share

4 comments:

  1. I also need to watch it! I've read some really good reviews on this film so it's definitely something I'll have to add to my watch list! I just started subscribing and working with DISH Network as well, so for me (like all new customers) I got Blockbuster by mail free for three months, so I'll make sure to add this one to the top of my queue! Check it out http://bit.ly/khvWnc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved the film. All the characters serve a purpose and the Night Fury is a wonderfully charming beast with attitude, I just absolutely went crazy while watching the film.

    A big Cheers to all the people involved in making this film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I believe that and I am definitely going to watch it. I remember watching such movies and shows with my brother and sister. Now, I accompany my kids. We just started with Andy Yeatman shows and I am already in love with the content.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...