Wednesday, June 23, 2010

10,000 Yoga-ers in Central Park

Isa and I went over to Central Park to participate in the largest Yoga class in the world. More than 10,000 people showed up for the free event, and we were given free yoga mats, smart water, a Choco-Treat from Otarian (it was SOO good!), and a wristband, seen here:


Isa and I were among the first 50 or so people there because I really wanted a free yoga mat so we went early. But pretty soon there were a TON of people there:


The thing started late and when it finally did, the rain put a stop to it less than 5 minutes into the class. We were fine; we had a blast. They had entertainers like Reggie Watts (the warm-up comedian for Conan O'Brien) and World Champion Poetry Slammer Buddy Wakefield and grammy nominee 13 Hands. To be honest, 5 minutes of Yoga and I was already getting tired. :P

Because we were in the front row, we were photographed by a lot of the press (not just us, but we're in their shots of the crowds, you know?) but this is by far my favorite (from tonic.com):


That's right, I'm facing the wrong way. :)

Here's the video I posted on YouTube about the whole thing:


Newer Post Older Post
If you liked this post, your friends probably would too!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...